乜水?
tvb 主播 周嘉儀
原帖由 e_e 於 2009-3-8 03:23 PM 發表

好影片
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT2SwjkFxQw&feature=related
甘仔! 你好唔好玩石仔

http://tw.f4.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/d29828230?u=joshlin1130
原帖由 Triangel 於 2009-3-8 12:31 PM 發表

Your key word is "Programmable",  if it is so programmable, why there are so many applications are not working with Linux.  In today business world, there is no time to wait for a Linux to be mature ...
That's the same thing as asking why do aquariums don't sell oranges, most of the programs out there are designed by either Microsoft or designated to work on Microsoft OS only. Just because the market is supersaturated with Microsoft programs, it doesn't mean that Linux is obsolete. In fact, do you realize that over 90% of the PC gaming network don't use Macs because games don't WORK on macs? Yes, the programs are designed to work on Windows only.

In my opinion, Ubuntu is mature enough for the market already, sure it doesn't use a lot of commercialized software like MS Office, but it uses the GNU OpenOffice. Web 2.0 is all about information sharing, Piratebay's trial is showing that already. GNU is definitely the new way out, why fork over hundreds and hundreds of dollars when you can use a simpler version for free? Programs like Open Office, or even Google Docs provide the user with the simplest version of a word processor, of course, if you need something fancier you can ALWAYS buy MS Office. These GNU software don't prohibit you from using the commercial brand, in fact, most of the GNU software are compatible with these commercial software. However, this is not the other way around, commercial software will always inhibit your backwards compatibility, even MS Works will NOT load in MS Word. They are both made by Microsoft, but they inhibit each others' functions so you HAVE to pay to get the files converted. This is BULLSHiT.

GNU software is not about "stealing" or "cloning" they give proper credit to the people who thought of the idea first, but they don't have to pay the royalties. Just because you thought of a word processor on the computer, it doesn't mean you can have a monopoly on the market, other people can code and design too.

My computer runs on a Windows Vista/ virtual box Ubuntu. Linux has come a long way from the haydays of having to programing every step, it's taken on a more user-friendly approach with GUI (graphics user interface).

I don't know what you have against Linux, and my original question was if anyone is familiar with Ubuntu, I am not here to promote Linux, just trying to get to know the OS better before you went psycho on me.
返回列表 回復 發帖
<<新主題 | 舊主題>>
娛樂滿紛 26FUN » 港男俱樂部 » [真‧頑童俱樂部] 延續篇2008 -- ∞ | 快啲入嚟繼續呱呱嘈啦 |

重要聲明:26fun.com為一個討論區服務網站。本網站是以即時上載留言的方式運作,26fun.com對所有留言的真實性、完整性及立場等,不負任何法律責任。而一切留言之言論只代表留言者個人意見,並非本網站之立場,用戶不應信賴內容,並應自行判斷內容之真實性。於有關情形下,用戶應尋求專業意見(如涉及醫療、法律或投資等問題)。 由於本討論區受到「即時上載留言」運作方式所規限,故不能完全監察所有留言,若讀者發現有留言出現問題,請聯絡我們。26fun.com有權刪除任何留言及拒絕任何人士上載留言,同時亦有不刪除留言的權利。切勿撰寫粗言穢語、誹謗、渲染色情暴力或人身攻擊的言論,敬請自律。本網站保留一切法律權利。