Board logo

標題: 請問點 set wireless network password? [打印本頁]

作者: bunce2806    時間: 2008-6-12 03:04 PM     標題: 請問點 set wireless network password?

After setting up a wireless router without a password (so that you are now using an unsecured wireless network), how do you go back to set up a password for the first time? Many thanks!!
作者: woooot    時間: 2008-6-12 04:31 PM

Connect to your network, open browser to 192.168.1.1 (normal default page to configure routers)
From there, you should have the options to set up encrytion keys, SSID broadcast, etc.

your adapter program should also have some configuration area where you can set the WPA/WEP encryption.
作者: Kev    時間: 2008-6-12 05:07 PM

remember to reboot ur router.
作者: slwong3    時間: 2008-6-12 07:47 PM

Just a little add-on

The IP of your router might be vary depends on the brand of the router.  You can find the IP from the user manual.  
Anyway, you should hook up to your wireless router with wire because once you set up the password and have your router restarts.  You will get disconnect and the only way you can go back to check is with wired.
作者: iversonruls    時間: 2008-6-13 12:01 PM

yehh connect to ur router, check ur user manual i fu cant

there sld be those easy setup which shows u the step too
作者: KC-Alen    時間: 2008-6-14 03:44 AM

HINT:

If u dont want someone to slow your internet down then use the mac list to... since all those wireless enctryption, eg. WPA passwords WPA2 etc are easy to bypass or crack, i'd recommend u to use the mac list or whatever its called.
作者: bunce2806    時間: 2008-6-24 02:00 PM

Thanks all!! I will try, but if I forgot the password the only way will be to reset the router, right?

歡迎光臨 娛樂滿紛 26FUN (http://26fun.com/bbs/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0