Board logo

標題: [原創]To be Like a Child [打印本頁]

作者: richch    時間: 2010-9-22 09:11 PM     標題: [原創]To be Like a Child

本帖最後由 richch 於 2010-9-22 11:08 PM 編輯

First, I would like to distinguish between the two words: childlike and childish. Being childlike is like being simple, trusting and innocent. However, when you call somebody childish, it tends to be a negative remark; it means the person in question is being silly or behaving badly like a child! In other words, it's good to be childlike, not childish.

There are a few things we can learn from chilbren. When you look at a child's drawing, you can find very 'interesting' shapes and figures, filled with extremely vibrant colours. Children tend to draw from their imagination. They don't care if what they draw resemble the real things or not, and they would use whatever colour they like. The result is a simple and refreshing drawing, that is filled with wonders and imagination. On the other hand, when an 'adult' draws, he or she would try very hard to 'copy' the reality to the drawing. I always say, no matters how hard you try to draw according to reality, it will still not be better than a photograph in the end! One very good example of artist that was expressing childlikeness was Picasso, you cannot help but wonder what imagination he must have, to be able to draw and paint like that.

Another area we 'adult' can learn from observing children is how simple and trusting they are! They never seems to have a care in the world. Children are always enjoying the moment, and not worrying about the future too much. I am not telling you not to think about the future. I am just saying that when you keep worrying about the future all the times, you forget to live out your present. We are living in this very moment right now, so please do enjoy it as much as you can! Also, children are trusting, they are so eager to believe. Here, I am not telling you to trust everybody. I just think sometimes we need to have a little faith in people, and in the things we cannot see, but still are able to believe.

I hope we all can remain childlike, enjoying life simple things, also being creative and imaginative. Life is too short when you keep worrying about tomorrow. Live this moment to the fullest now!

歡迎光臨 娛樂滿紛 26FUN (http://26fun.com/bbs/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0