Board logo

標題: What is "NBA LOCKOUT"? [打印本頁]

作者: Xtravagant    時間: 2010-10-5 10:54 PM     標題: What is "NBA LOCKOUT"?

As topic.

If you know please share as this is definitely some interesting news relating to the NBA...

The reason I raised this is I read somewhere there might be a NBA 2010-11 lock out, if it happens then the 82 regular games will reduced to 50 games or something?!

Thanks and hopefully u get some point for answering this Q
作者: skyhookii    時間: 2010-10-6 06:35 AM

It's when the NBA owner and Player's association cannot make an agreement on how much players and the organization get payed. Basket Related Income (BRI) is key here. See, a team makes money form tickets, jersey sales, etc. and it has to share this income with the players. The owners of course want more money and the Player's association wants more for the players. The agreement right now (about 57% of BRI/income for players and about 43% for owners) is going to expire. If the owners and player's association cannot reach an agreement, no one gets paid, hence no one's playing for free and the owner's aren't setting up a season without money. As a result, there may be no NBA in the 2011-2012 season until they make an agreement, which could mean a shortened season if they resolve the issue quickly.
作者: Xtravagant    時間: 2010-10-7 10:57 AM

It's when the NBA owner and Player's association cannot make an agreement on how much players and the organization get payed. Basket Related Income (BRI) is key here. See, a team makes money form tick ...
skyhookii 發表於 2010-10-6 06:35 AM
Thanks!!

I hope it won't happen la, next year has no world cup / olympic, if only 50 NBA games it will be soooo boring!!!

歡迎光臨 娛樂滿紛 26FUN (http://26fun.com/bbs7/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0